
Our Bosch vacuum broke about a month or so ago. My wonderful neighbor heard of my distress and offered to let me use her spare because our house is still up for sale and I needed to keep things tidy. Shortly after that happened Brent got a grant from UVU for being smart. I think that's what it was called, "Smart Grant". So we used it to pay off this and that and with a little left over I asked Brent if we could buy a vacuum with some of the left over. I felt bad since it was his Smart Grant and not mine. Brent of course was not bothered at all and that weekend we decided to go vacuum shopping.
When I took our old vacuum in to check why it wasn't working the repair man mentioned it would be about 200 bucks to get it fixed. "Can't I get a brand new one for less," I thought. I even asked the guy what he would recommend. He mentioned Hoovers are really good and most importantly the ones with a bag in it. He said the bagless tend to blow the motors too quickly (which was exactly the problem with my old vacuum). So out to the stores we went looking for a vacuum.
Sadly they were still pretty pricey and none of them were the ones I researched online. Back to the house we went empty handed. Brent mentioned just looking on Amazon and seeing what they had. Well they blew everyone out of the water by 100 bucks and so we placed the order.
I'll skip the part where I got my vacuum and not all the parts where there so I had to return that one and get a new one shipped. So that leaves me to today!!! I got the new one, parts and all and I think it will work beautifully for me! It's a Hoover U5491900 Windtunnel Anniversary Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner (click to view). It's not a Lexus of vacuum cleaners but it will do nicely. It even has a light that tells me when the area is really clean in which case it lights up green (Green for clean is their little slogan).
My carpet looks fabulous and it makes me want to detail the rest of the house to look as great as my carpet does. I mean well but we shall see if I have enough energy to make it happen=)
4 comments:
Funny, we have a Hoover (similar to yours only 10 yrs old) that still works pretty good. However, I have been eying all the ease of those bag-less wonders recently.
I guess I shouldn't be envious. I'll try to remember that next time I'm changing the vacuum bag. :)
Well you can double check on the canister thing. Maybe it was just my brand. I've heard Dyson's are pretty sweet but I have no idea if they have the same problem. I don't know who told me but someone once suggested calling a repairman for vacuums or washer/dryers and see what they have to work a lot on and why. Kinda gets you and idea of what's crap and what seems to work pretty nicely. Let me know if you do make the switch.
I am jealous...Chad never gets bonuses just for being smart, he has to work his hiney off for them and then they usually say something like, "Well we didn't quite meet our quotas this quarter, so sorry." Yay for you though! We are also in need of a new little sucker, but I am praying mine alive just a bit longer while we pay off dental and medical bills!
Yeah, the smart grant totally made us laugh. I hear ya about the bonuses, though. Brent's previous boss was like that. It's weird getting so much from his school and work (he works at UVU too). It's a breath of fresh air. Start sending your bills to Chad's boss and tell him he needs to pay for them and see what he says =) hehehe
Post a Comment