
I canceled my Facebook account and it was very liberating. I would say I cared about maybe 5% of the people on there. So I took a look at the past month of the people I interacted with and realized I either talk to them frequently on the phone or subscribe to their blog. And really that's enough for me. It's funny because I would find myself getting on FB and staring at the screen wondering what clever thing I could come up with for my status. Then the next thought usually was, "Why am I still on here??" Which really was my own fault. It's not like I was being forced to be on there. I have no ill feelings to FB or the people who chose to be on there, I just realized it's not for me anymore. It's fun to give new things a try. It's also fun to let things go.
I do enjoy keeping in contact with all of you and love reading your blogs.
There's something exciting about not being updated about Farmville . . .or the latest 80's quiz that was taken . . .=)
4 comments:
Yes, change is good. I've been thinking about getting rid of mine too...mostly cause I get annoyed with those last things you mentioned and people's lame status. But there's still quite a few people that I talk to on there that I don't talk to regularly, so I'm not ready yet. But I think feel it happening in the future sometime soon. Anyway
Like I say to each his own . . .they'll probably come out with something else in the future and I'll probably give that a try. . .who knows =)
I have yet to delve into the FB world. I've debated several times about it. But I decided I already have enough computer related things that I spend (i.e. frequently waste) my time on. who needs one more?
True dat =)
Post a Comment