Wednesday, June 4, 2008

They say bad things happen in 3's

If that's true than I'm good to go for a while. Yesterday was a funny day (I can say that today but I really had an emotional break down . . .could be that I just started birth control again)
Anywho . . .It started really a week ago with my dryer breaking. I thought I'd be the cool wife and try and take it apart and see what the problem was. Well I think I was asking too much of myself but I did clean the heck out of the inside of it. The poor dryer was covered in lint! So I thought that if I gave it a little sprucing up then it would be happy and work again for me like a good little dryer should. Well I put it all back together and it worked for about 10 sec and then pooped on me again. Oh great! I couldn't tinker on it all day because I had clothes that needed drying. So I shipped the kids off to friends house (thank goodness for friends) and took my very wet loads of laundry to the laundry mat. That kept me good for another week and I thought for sure by the next laundry day I would have my dryer fixed.
Well that was yesterday that my dryer should have been fixed and all would be well. But that's not quite what happened. Brent was tied down with work and also work at night. (Which is rare but of course happens when you need their help) So once again I though I could tackle the dryer and figure out what's wrong. No dice. All I got out of it this time was a bang on the head and bloody knuckles because I unscrewed the back of the dryer (because that's what my handy dandy do-it-yourself book told me to do) which I didn't need to do! With MY particular dryer you can access everything through the front. The only purpose for those screws was to hold the drum into place (happy day for me).
I call Brent and tell him my woes and he said that the dryer was pretty old already and maybe it's time to just get a new one. Okay fine . . .I'll just hop in my car and get one. Oh wait, I can't. He took my car to work because the battery in his car (the explorer) died that morning. No prob he can come home and take his motorcycle back to work. So then I get a phone call and Brent says that he had his buddy at work move my car (Nissan) because the UPS truck needed to unload some boxes. Well in doing so the guy ran over a nail! Happy day! So Brent drove my car home before the tire went completely flat and took his motorcycle back to work. So I'm stuck at home with laundry that NEEDS to be done (Jane still pees in the middle of the night and I had a lot of sheets to wash). Thankfully I had a neighbor who let me use her dryer (once again).
So I hope I'm good for now. It really wasn't that bad but it sure is frustrating. I'm soooo thankful for my dear friends who are always so willing to help at the drop of a hat.

P.S. I haven't gotten a new dryer yet and my car still has a flat tire. But we did get the Exploder (that's what Brent calls it) running.

5 comments:

Christin said...

That's funny about the Exporer. We have an Excursion we call the explosion. It's a gas guzzler but it fits all my kids. Sorry you have had such a crappy week. I'll have to tell you our sad story sometime about our house. It will definitely make you feel better I promise.

christin

Anonymous said...

Ok, so things get worse when you are in the process of trying to fix something and you get hurt. thats when I just want to curse. good luck with laundry.

The Addingtons said...

Hey Marie!!

I'm so glad I found your blog...super cute! Email me...I want to invite you over for a party!! amber.addington@gmail.com

Amber

mjseavers said...

Oh, man! Christin, house projects are supposed to be a breeze! No problems! hahaha, right?

Tiffany Kadani said...

Ok, you are officially allowed to have any breakdowns. That sucks.