Thursday, May 22, 2008

What? No Mother's Day song?


I did Jane's hair in rag curls for Mother's Day. My mom used to do that to my hair every Saturday night for church the next day while watching The Lawrence Welk Show. Jane and I watched Madam Blueberry from Veggie Tales instead =) Anyhow I thought I'd do her hair all pretty for church since this would be the first year she would be able to go up and sing with the primary!!! Ever since I was a teenager I couldn't wait to have my little girl or boy go up on the stand and sing me Mother's Day songs.
Well I was thrown for a loop when I found out that the primary children would not be singing a mother's day song this year. What? No Mother's Day song for Mother's Day? I KNOW! I tried not to be bummed about the whole thing but a little part inside of me was so sad that I wouldn't hear a mother's day song. So I think maybe that's why I dressed Jane all up an did her hair so that I would try to be a good sport about it.
So what song did they sing for Mother's Day you ask? I am a Child of God . . .Brent say's they were singing to the wrong parent. I must say I still cried watching Jane sing about every other word and as loud as she could be. I also got a wave at the end, "hi Mom!" So yes I still loved it and I'll have many more mother's day's ahead where I can hear the mother's day songs. But if primary teachers are going to keep up this madness then I might have to have some words with them. For pete's sake we only have one Sunday where you can actually sing those songs!
The rest of Mother's Day was very nice and relaxing. We got Papa Murphy's the day before and a Triple Layer Chocolate cake at Sam's and it was divine. It was also Brent's birthday on Mother's Day so we thought we would make it easy for both of us. I got a magic bullet (which I was sooo very excited about). I can slice, dice and puree just about anything! I got Brent two books; a bathroom reader (because you can never have too many) that's all about music and a book some friends of ours really liked called Elantris. He was pretty excited about both of them . .I think . .I hope=)
So stay tuned for Father's Day . . .I wonder what kind of stunt they're going to pull for that one!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

She is adorable, and I totally feel ya about the Mother's Day song...our primary didn't do anything, and I was really looking forward to seeing Blake and Trevor up there this year (he and Jane are both Sunbeams...how cute is that?!!) On a happier note, this year the Bishopric was in charge of the Mother's Day "gifts", and so instead of a stupid half-dead carnation we got chocolate! Needless to say, my testimony of the inspiration of our bishopric went up several notches that day!

Kristen said...

She is adorable, and I totally feel ya about the Mother's Day song...our primary didn't do anything, and I was really looking forward to seeing Blake and Trevor up there this year (he and Jane are both Sunbeams...how cute is that?!!) On a happier note, this year the Bishopric was in charge of the Mother's Day "gifts", and so instead of a stupid half-dead carnation we got chocolate! Needless to say, my testimony of the inspiration of our bishopric went up several notches that day!

Emily said...

Lame that there was no Mother's Day songs, but I can totally imagine Jane up there. She's so dang cute. I haven't see you all in months. (besides Eileen's shower)

Laura C. said...

You'll have to let me know how you like your Magic Bullet! We've got a food processor that big and bulky and a pain to get out and use. I've been wondering if something like that would be more useful.

Tiffany Kadani said...

One year our ward in Pittsburg did not sing the Mother's Day song and sang a family song instead. Mass chaos. Hymnals thrown, cursing at the pulpit, and fake flowers everywhere. Funny how the Primary Presidency has different people in it now.