Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yay for Potty Training!!!

 Trying out the new pair of underwear!

This picture was taken a while ago when we first introduced Ethan to potty training.  It was fine as long as I kept asking him if he needed to pee.  Once I forgot to ask then it was all over!  So little by little we would try and he would have an accident and then we'd wait and try again on another day.  But every time we would try again he would always do better and better.

 Isn't that just the cutest thing ever???  He didn't want his picture taken so that's why he's turned around.  But that makes it even cuter! 

Finally about a week ago we gave it another go.  What was my motivation for this time??  I was standing in front of the diapers at Costco and I couldn't do it.  I couldn't spend another 40 bucks on diapers.  So I got my laundry detergent and walked out of there with only that, determined to get Ethan potty trained this time.  Well folks it worked!  He did great!!  Only 2 accidents and that was all.  What was his motivation??  Daddy said he would take him to Disneyland.  We didn't say when but yes we will take him to Disneyland.  After the baby's born.  And the baby turns 1 =)  So yes not for a year or so.  But by golly it worked!  He even goes and pulls his own underwear off, hops on the toilet himself (without a special potty seat) and does his business!  It's great!  The only thing I have to help with is turning on the sink and putting his underwear back on.  For pete's sake I can handle that.

It couldn't have come at a better time too with me being on bed rest again.  Thank goodness this time it's only for 2 weeks or so!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Grrr! I am happy for you and depressed for me! I think Kade is going to go on his mission wanting me to change his diaper! I know he is just almost three but my other two were potty trained at 2 1/2! Either I have lost my touch or this kid is a serious Mama's boy! Hope bed rest is going well...or as well as it can anyway!

mjseavers said...

Hahahah . .I'm not laughing at you, just that I felt the same with Jane! I hope for both your sakes that you're not changing his diaper on his mission =) You crack me up! I needed that today being on bed rest . . .it's been a hard day for some reason. Thanks!