I went to California for my brother Mike's graduation from College and it was a lot of fun!! Stupid me I forgot to bring my camera to the graduation ceremony but there were lots who remembered and I'm sure I can mooch off of them.
My sister-in-law, Heidi (Mike's wife) threw him a grad party at my parents house after the ceremony. It was soooo super awesome. The food was amazing and her decorations were so clever and appropriate for the gathering. Sadly, once again, I forgot my camera. But I was helping out with the Italian Sodas and therefore didn't have a sec to take pictures. I rather enjoyed being a 7 month pregnant bartender. I think I got a little sympathy being prego and therefore no one complained about my drink mixtures. People don't like making a prego woman cry =) I was slightly pleased with myself for the fact that I knew what "on the rocks" meant. But that's about as far as I go with bartending lingo. Oh and "shaken not stirred" but really that's self explanatory and I didn't have the proper tools for shaking drinks anyways.
But all in all it was a great party (besides the weather not wanting to cooperate in California . . .at the end of May!!!) Seriously, one would expect fabulous weather but it was nowhere to be found. It was Utah cold. Like the clouds were saying "Throw a little rain my way and I'll make it snow" kind of cold! It was weird for May. But I'm glad people still came and showed their support.
And since I have no pictures of the ceremony, or the party, I will start with the next adventure we had in Cali and that was the Jelly Belly Factory. Super fun for the kids and who can pass up the belly flops at the end of the tour??? That would be my favorite part. So some pics of the Jelly Belly adventure . .when I actually remembered my camera!

5 comments:
Awww man! I miss the Jelly Belly factory and their awesome Belly Flops! All we have out here is the Jack Daniels distillery...sooo jealous right now!
And now you have no family to visit in Cali to have a reason to go to the Factory! Well when we move back there you can come visit me and then we can all go!
But a Jack Daniels might be fun . . .although for you and me it might put us over the edge since we can get "drunk" off of laughing too much and late nights =)
Chad still has family in Cali...though that may be one reason NOT to visit! J/K (mostly)...it is so expensive to get us all there that the only time we go is for weddings, and Chad's last sibling got married in Sept so we won't have a good reason to go anytime soon!
You were here? So sad we missed you! And the jelly belly factory rocks my socks for sure!
I am so lame for not contacting you guys. I think since I rode with Eileen and didn't have my own wheels I pretty much stayed home bound. Somehow calling people to tell them I was in town and to come visit ME seemed lame. Sorry about that.
And yes the Jelly Belly Factory does ROCK =)
Post a Comment