Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thank you!



Just wanted to say thanks to all the encouragement and prayers on our behalf. It's been a big help and I've been feeling at peace more than I thought I would with all this craziness. I also thought I'd give everyone an update.

Brent started school this week at UVU. For the most part he's enjoying his classes and is excited about learning new stuff again. Algebra is not his favorite but he's getting along just fine (I knew he'd jump right back in there just fine=)

As for me . . .well my job wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. I was under the impression that the salon was doing better from when I went to school there a few years ago. And well it really isn't. It's just not a great location for walk-in's and unless you already have a clientele it's pretty slow. I've had one client the whole week I've been there. Luckily I'm not renting a booth so I'm not out anything but I'm also not making anything. I've tried passing out flyers to people but I just don't have the time to build a clientele. So Brent found out that BYU was hiring a stylist. I guess they have a shop on campus to keep those shaggy haircuts in shape =) It also turns out that one of the girls at the salon I work at has connections and said she could put in a good word for me. The good thing about BYU is that it's hourly and if I work full time I could get benefits. But my guess is they only want part timers so they don't have to pay for benefits. I hear they're pretty tricky like that sometimes. But honestly I just want a job that will pay me!

Our house hasn't sold yet and we haven't had any lookers. We knew alot of our plan would take time to unfold. We are definitly on God's time with this one. I know a lot of our troubles we got ourselves into. But I still can't help but feeling that this is still the right path for us. The weight that's been lifted off of Brent's shoulders is visible and very contagious. It's been nice having a happy husband around. Yes there are new stesses our way but one's that we feel we can overcome. They're not some dark cloud constantly looming over us.

So thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. I'll try to keep ya posted!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sorry things are stressful, but it's great to hear you feel happy about what decisions are going on. I also feel things will work out for guys in time. We think about you often. Let us know if you need any help with anything.

Kristi said...

This sounds so much like us a few years ago. It will all work out and find yourselves looking back going, wow, amazing how everthing fell into place. We're sending all our positive, happy thoughts your way!