Was is that you ask?? Well it's a popular Saudi Arabian dish. Last year when my sister came to visit, her husband made this delicious dish for us. We thoroughly enjoyed it and since Brent wouldn't be home to try my experiment, I thought I'd give it a try for dinner tonight. Plus, he's not really too fond of my chicken cooking and to tell you the truth neither am I. Sadly my fear of food poisoning outweighs my better judgment and I undoubtedly overcook it. Something I really need to work on.
And so tonight's dish was no exception. I was so excited to try something new and I thought sense the chicken would be cooking with the rice then I'd be safe. Well, when I first took it off the stove I gave it a taste because I was dying to see how I did. Perhaps it was the slightly burnt tongue that skewed my judgment because I thought it was pretty good. So I set the table, gathered the children around my feast . . ok, pot of Kabsa and we prayed on this delightful meal. I dished it up,we "dug in". . . .aaaaand it really wasn't that great. The chicken was dry and once again I thought I added enough salt and pepper and it was lacking in flavor. Occasionally I surprise myself and make something pretty decent and that's exciting. But that wasn't tonight.
So chalk it up as lesson learned and maybe give it another try when Brent won't be home for dinner. I know all these mishaps are molding me into a decent chef someday . . .but could that day come sooner than later??
. . . oh did I mention that since Brent works at UVU he gets tuition paid for? and that they have a pretty good culinary arts program?? . . . .hummmm, something to think about. I could be the next Julia Child ..........................................HAHAHAHAHAHA!
2 comments:
Well it looks tasty! Good for you, cooking when Brent isn't around. When Chad is gone we usually have leftovers, cereal or sandwiches. Don't be so hard on yourself, you are so good at soooo many things, and I am sure your cooking is right up there with them!
I'll try not to beat myself up over it. I guess I have my 5 meals that I make really well =) And Mac N Cheese not being one of them . . .hehehe!
Post a Comment