
I was out deliveing Christmas goodies to my neighbors last night and I had Jane come along and help. We usually do our block and then take some to the bishop and a few other friends. Well I didn't notice it until the last house we went to because it was a grow up who answered the door and started laughing really loud. (Mostly kids answered the doors that night so I don't think they thought it was as funny.)
My friend waved to me from her porch and I waved back from inside my nice warm car. (I'm so lame I know) Anyhow when Jane came back I asked her what she said that was so funny?
Jane: "Oh, I said, 'We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.'"
Me: "How did you know to say all that?"
Jane:" Mickey Mouse"
Me: "Oh, well . . . good job"
And now all around the house she sings the song "We wish you a Merry Christmas". It's so fun to have her singing Christmas songs. I love it.
7 comments:
So cute! And I can't believe how on top of things you are. I haven't even thought of my deliveries yet. Oooh, can you take pictures of your decorated house? I bet it's fabulous.
Umm . . . yeah. We're kinda doing the 'Christmas with the Kranks' theme this year. Did you see that movie. Well we decorated but not like we usually do. It just takes so much work. I know I'm lame but I will take pics of what I have . . .it's really not fabulous I'm sad to say.
wait, why are you in the car if it's just your neighbors? I love when they reach that age of knowing more Christmas song. very fun and cute!
That's really cute. I can imagine her saying it in her cute little voice.
Well Anna . . .it's called being lazy and I didn't want to be out in the cold. I know it's lame of me but after doing it for 3 years and getting the same reaction from people, it gets a little old. Most of the time when it's kids answering the door I get, "Oh, thanks . . ." Besides we did it at night when the temp was 20 degrees outside . . .a bit chilly for my liking =)
Ahh yes, I think the main reason I have children is to get them to do my dirty work for me...although mine probably would have said something along the lines of "Trick or treat, smell my feet..."...you get the idea.
It's one of the perks! Hey thanks for the Christmas card. You are amazing for having time and energy to get that sent out in your situation. I love the return address . . .Somewhere in Texas. It is Texas right?
Post a Comment